Sunday, April 12, 2009

Perspective

This past weekend, I went to my friend's house to work again to prepare for his sister's wedding that'll be taking place there.

It's nice to go and let the other stresses of my life wash away, but this weekend, I found myself constantly being reminded of things I'm unhappy with in my own life. The entire weekend, I seemed to dwell on them, letting them consume me at times.

Once I returned back to school, I was confronted by other issues, heavier issues. Without going into detail, my sister is considering transferring schools. On top of this, the girl that is living with my mom has to go to her senior prom on crutches. And it's Easter.

I guess my problems (mainly girl frustrations), seem trivial when placed next to those issues. Life is all about perspective. So much of the time, I lack perspective, and whenever I find it, it's a fresh dose of reality for me. This world is more than what I want out of it. I'm not sure what else I should be doing, wanting, expecting, giving, but the more I'm here, the more I'm sure that I have something else to be doing while I'm here. With patience, I know I'll find it.

No comments: