Monday, March 23, 2009

The world through my eyes

I'm alone in this crowded world,
above all the crowded rooms,
the clutter escapes me,
and I can breathe,
when I look at where I came from,
I never want to return,
I love my isolation,
so far away and cold,
no one can touch me here,
I hate where I came from,
I hate what they are,
when I see them,
and I see me,
I see how different,
we truly are,

I love being so far away,
and I like it way up here,

nobody can touch me,

and that's how I want to be,
this world is not mine
their world is not mine,
I gave it all away,

the smiling faces,of fabricated moments,
of medicated psyches,
crawling on their hands and knees,
only in my dreams,
only my reality,
when I'm awake,
they all dream
of what it's like to feel alive,
nothing to hold on to,
nothing to believe,
they appear to be alive,
but I fear they're dead inside,


If I had the chance,
to rejoin the world I left,
to fall back with the life I had,
I'd cast down every rope,
every ladder, refuse every hand,
this is where I want to be,
alone, away, only me,
your world is dead,
in my eyes dead,
I'll stay right here,
and wash away.

1 comment:

Jaan-Alejandra Lalwani said...

I wonder what song you listened to when you wrote this. Your words are important.